Monday, September 9, 2013

Children and Chores?!

Well this subject just causes utter chaos in my house when I bring it up. Okay okay a little back story.
          I grew up with a very strict structured for a better word stepmother who taught us at a very young age the importance of chores. No we didn't get allowance for them either. I was 5 when I started unloading the dishwasher and helping with setting the table and cleaning it up. I think that I was 10 when I did my first load of wash, and was folding like a pro by the age of 12. I swept, moped, vacuumed, dusted etc. etc... I of course like every child hated that I had to do said chores, but now as an adult I am so grateful to have the skills of running a household. These days kids have Nanny's, maids etc... (well I had a nanny too, a live in one to be truthful) but she never did our chores or laundry. So now that I have 3 children of my own Jordan (11), Alyssa (9), and Andrew (6) I am struggling with chores or any clean up for that matter. I had such respect for my parents and really was scared of them. My kids smirk at me when it comes to discipline. So now I'm on a mommy quest on the www to find a structured chore schedule and chart for the kiddies. So where did our moms turn without the internet? I couldn't image. I wish MaryAnn was here to guide me in the right direction but she's among the angles in heaven. I miss her dearly.
Until Then,
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlotte,

    I’m the Community Manager with Anagram Interactive, where we specialize in connecting established brands with prominent bloggers. We’re currently working with Paperless Post, a company that designs customizable online and printed stationery, to show that communication can be personal and well-designed regardless of the medium.

    Paperless Post has partnered with several world-famous designers and lifestyle brands, including kate spade new york, Oscar de la Renta, Jonathan Adler, and Rifle Paper Co., and has delivered over 85 million cards to date. Since you have such an engaging and beautifully-designed blog, we’d like to offer you 200 Paperless Post digital Coins for free to try out our online service and write about your experience.

    We really think you’ll enjoy Paperless Post and can’t wait to hear what you think. Please let me know if this is something you’d be interested in and I’ll show you how to get started.
    Please write me at helen@anagraminteractive.com
    Best,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete